Register Here Now!
Join George Dell Online December 6, 7, 13, 14, 2023 for his next-level class, Stats, Graphs and Data Science2.
For SGDS1 Alumni Only!
Each class session starts at 11:00 AM Pacific time.
There will be an Official Meeting of the Community of Asset Analysts on Dec. 14 that will begin as soon as class is complete.
14-hours CE1 taught live by George Dell, SRA, MAI, ASA, CRE
Stats, Graphs, and Data Science2, continues on the foundations of SGDS1 by building on the learning objectives in greater depth, breadth, and detail. We continue examination of the theory, concepts, and practice of data science as applied to asset analytics. The learning follows the development sequence of valuation and risk analytics. Starting from the problem identification (scope of work) in measurable terms, we proceed to:
- Identify the overall project data frame;
- Define the CMS© (Competitive Market Segment), the ideal data set;
- Resolve the bias-variance tradeoff to optimize accuracy and precision of results;
- Perform necessary data wrangling (analogical to traditional confirmation/verification)
- Portray data visually
- Reduce to the CMS©
- Detect quantify missing/needed predictor variables
- Create new calculated fields
- Transform functional relationships (e.g., linear to logarithmic)
- Create Transformed data levels
- Identify and handle outliers
- Recognize needed predictive confirmation/verification
This class is substantially experienced in R, RStudio, and R packages, including ggplot2 and tidyverse. A comparison and integration of Excel® is provided for workflow efficiency. Methods of transition from canned appraisal software and the spreadsheet— to a real analytics package is reviewed.
Specific analytics include non-linear price indexing, seam regression, introduction to GIS in R, Data selection algorithms (particularly hierarchical cluster analysis), sources of help for R. Also resolution of conflicts in USPAP, AI-SVP, IVS, and EBV© (Evidence Based Valuation) practice, and reporting in a data-stream delivery through dashboard views.
In addition to George Dell, SRA, MAI, ASA, CRE, as your instructor –
Bruce Hahn, SRA, MAI, CCIM, John Fariss, MNAA and Charlie Abromaitis are instructors in the class.
Bruce is an independent fee appraiser, applying R analytics to residential and other assignments.
Computer with a working webcam and microphone is required for this hands-on course.
The use of R, (with RStudio), is expanded in class.
These open-source software packages are available at no charge on the Internet. Assistance with download and installation are provided after registration if you need it.
114-hours CE approved in CA, OR, WA, PA, IL, OK, TX, OH, MI.